I have been receiving a lot of emails and questions how you could add extra attributes when you convert a lead to an account or just how to map attributes in general. Below i typed out some steps to realize mappings in Microsoft CRM 3.0Entity Mapping by performing the following steps:
- Select Settings, Customization, Customize Entities.
- Choose an Entity to edit.
- Click Relationships.
- Locate the relationship between Entity1 and Entity2 (e.g. Lead and Account).
- Edit that relationship.
- Click Mappings.
- Here you can choose for New, Remove or Generate Mappings.
- Choose New.
- From the Lead Attribute list on the left, select for example an Address Attribute you wish to map to Account .
- On the Account Attribute list on the right, select the appropriate Address Attribute that matches the Lead Attribute.
- Click OK .
- Repeat steps 8 - 11 for each part of the address or any other Attribute that you need to map.
- Save your changes.
- Publish All Customizations.
- Test it
Please feel free to contact me if any query........... firstname.lastname@example.org