You have installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 on your server and either used the default settings during setup or you have created a website manually with, for example, portnumber 5555.At one time you might want to change this and wondering how you should do this, well follow the steps below and your ready to go:----
1) Start the IIS Manager on your CRM Server.
2) Right Click on the CRM WebSite.
3) Select Properties
4) Under WEB Site TAB, click on Advance Button.
5) Select Default and click on Edit.
6) Change the TCP Port number to the desired port Number. Click OK, close IIS Manager.
7) Start a CMD prompt and type IISRESET command.
8) Open Regedit.
9) Goto HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM
10) Right click SERVERUrl on right side, select modify.
11) Change the old port number to new port number.
12) Close Regedit.You done on the server, now you should fix all the clients, remember they still point to the
URL with the wrong portnumber. On each client you should do this:
1) Open Regedit.
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient
3) Right click SERVERUrl on right side, select modify.
4) Change the old port number to new port number.
5) Right click PlatformRoot on right side, select modify
6) Change the old port number to new port number.
7) Right click WebAppUrl on right side, select modify8) Change the old port number to new port number.
9) Close Regedit.
If you made an administrative install of the Microsoft CRM desktop and Laptop client you know you have to specifiy the URL in the default_client_config.xml being used during setup. Edit that XML file and adjust the portnumber as well.
You're all done now!
Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft nor I cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any query ... firstname.lastname@example.org