Friday, December 29, 2006
Here are few important points regarding Extend & Customize Microsoft CRM 3.0. There are many times readers asked about how to use different things regarding Extending & Customization of Microsoft CRM 3.0.
1. Microsoft CRM SDK.
2. Customize CRM inside Visual Studio.net
3. Intellisence of CRM in Visual Studio.net
4. Writing Callouts in Visual Studio.Net
Microsoft CRM SDK.
Download MS CRM SDK. This is the start point for any developer working in Visual Studio.Net wants to know about MS CRM Application customization & extendability points. If any body wants training, i can provide ms crm training of extensibility & customization as well.
Create IntelliSense Code Snippets for CRM
This is good article abotu Intellisense code of MS CRM. When developing an application that uses the Microsoft CRM SDK, you sometimes have to switch between different tools (for example: Visual Studio 2005, Microsoft CRM running in IE) to get the job done. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could modify your work flow so as improve your efficiency when coding. The following blog shows you how to customize Microsoft CRM entity schemas and dynamically update the related classes of those modified entities all within the Visual Studio 2005 IDE with complete IntelliSense support!
Customize CRM Data right inside Visual Studio 2005
This article describes frequently used application code which uses the Microsoft CRM SDK into Visual Studio.net 2005 code snippets. By creating a library of standard code snippets which make use of the Microsoft CRM SDK, you can reduce the amount of time required to develop Microsoft CRM related applications and also reduce the number of potential bugs introduced into your code!
Use Visual Studio 2005 to build CRM Callouts!
As many of you know that A callout is custom code which uses the Microsoft CRM SDK to extend and customize the core functionality of the Microsoft CRM product. Up until now, callouts had to be developed using Visual Studio .NET 2003 and not Visual Studio 2005. This article shows you how to write Microsoft CRM callouts using Visual Studio 2005! This is great article about writing call outs in VS 2005. But for compiling still required .Net 1.1.
Read & Enjoy.
Happy New Year!.
Monday, December 25, 2006
Microsoft CRM has picked up its surfboard and will be “riding the wave” with Windows Vista, Office 2007, and the biggest chain of releases in Microsoft history.
codenamed V3C, is a compatibility update of the CRM v3 Outlook Client for Vista and Office 2007. V3C is a culmination of new features, updates, and enhancements, driven by our customer commitment in ensuring that users worldwide are able to use their CRM solution against the latest and greatest of Microsoft technologies. These improvements are not simply a rollup of fixes…we have implemented features and updates originally reserved for the Titan release and taken large steps forward with V3C.
You can download V3C from this page below (please be patient, as bits are still propagating).
Happy Holidays. email@example.com
Friday, December 08, 2006
Update Rollup 1 is a tested, cumulative set of updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 3.0 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sales for Outlook 3.0, including performance enhancements, that are packaged together for easy deployment.
Here is information about
We have developed a completed outbox solution of MS CRM "Customer Web portal". You can reach us using firstname.lastname@example.org for demo or more details.
Customer Web Portal targets add on functionality to extend core MS-CRM customer services and better case management. This web application mainly provides out of the box interface through which product/ service cases can be submitted and tracked to resolution and closure by valid MS-CRM customers. This preserves the standard features of MS-CRM Customer Service module like queuing and routing.
2. Details Functional Requirement
Web portal provides the end-customer functionality that purchases product or receives services from organization. Following are the main features outlined:-
1. Customers are maintained in MS-CRM as Accounts and Contacts.
2. Each customer (only CRM Account) may be associated with product/ service. Multiple products can be associated with customer.
4. On product association with Accounts, if contract (account – product association specific) does not exist, then a new contract is created for this account with default values and a contract line will be generated for product. If this auto generated contract exists, then a new product contract line will generated for this contract. Contract title and Contract line title format needs to be established.
6. For proper running of web portal, Products needs to be associated with subject.
7. Web portal is not designed for the customer that is defined in MS-CRM as contacts.
8. Each customer (in case of account) will have at least one primary contact and other contacts (optional).
9. Customer’s contacts, including account’s primary contact may be designated as “Support User”. This provides the contact with the privileges for product/ service case registration and tracking. This facility is accessible within MS-CRM and through web portal.
10. Only valid support users of a customer can access web portal by supplying customer name and login credentials.
11. Support User Assignment through web portal is available only to account’s primary contact.
12. Support users can maintain web portal password online.
13. Case can be associated with standard subjects for easy case classification.
14. Issue category (subject topics) for case registration, will list only distinct subject values which are associated with customer’s products.
15. On the basis of subject selected for the case, related customer products are listed for case registration.
16. Case Severity can be marked while case creation.
17. On Case registration, related account contract and contract line will be linked to newly registered case.
18. Support user can view the status of his/her cases with all the related activities. This view list shows all support user registered cases regardless of case status. If case is open then facility is provided for updating the case and it is closed then facility is given for reopening the case with in 30 days from the date of case resolution. After 30 days this facility will not be available.
19. View status section contains two sections: - one for support user cases and other for all company cases.
20. Case is reported to supported user with email referencing newly created case number. (Email case record link is also proposed for launching MS-CRM Case screen with relevant record.)
21. Up to three files/ notes can be attached while case registration. (Size limit needs to defined, however 5MB is sufficient for normal operation.)
22. CRM Server instance is configured at the time web portal deployment by valid CRM user with proper login credentials.
23. Search facility
24. Sending email on forgot password
25. Sending email on case creation
26. Email internal domain users & External users accounts
27. Sending email to parent account address for intimation
and much more features there...............................
Saturday, November 04, 2006
There are many questions regarding to view the form attributes while doing form customization e.g Hide section on a tab on customertype code etc.
Use the Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar.
I hope it will help alot while customizing. I am using this to get help of fields, sections, document elements etc.
Friday, October 06, 2006
While studying Microsoft CRM Integration with non-Microsoft Business applications, Microsoft has launched its Biztalk adapter for MS CRM 3.0.
BizTalk® Server 2006 Adapter for Microsoft Dynamics™ CRM 3.0 enables integration between Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Non-Microsoft Business applications and allows the following operations.
- Availability of Microsoft Dynamics CRM as a send Adapter
- Discovery and usage of schema of any Microsoft Dynamics CRM actions and entities.
The user can utilize the above capabilities of the adapter to integrate Microsoft Dynamics CRM with any other Non-Microsoft Business applications using the BizTalk server 2006 mapping capabilities.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Sorry to delay in any technical / informational post. I was away to provide training of Microsoft CRM. I have conduct CRM 3.0 courses and provide users successful training of following courses.
1- Installation & Configuration of Microsoft CRM 3.0 (Course # 8526)
2- Extending Microsoft CRM 3.0 (Course # 8531)
3- Customization of Microsoft CRM 3.0
If any body interested in this training, i am available.
Friday, July 14, 2006
Great news for Microsoft CRM 3.0 Developers/ partners - Microsoft CRM Live...
Read the above ....
MS CRM Developer
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Microsoft Ships CRM 3.0; True Hosted Version Awaits 'Titan' Release
read article about Titan.
for more about titan i will post whenever got good things from microsoft
MS CRM Developer (email@example.com)
alot questions about microsoft language compatibility from different natives.. here is details
Microsoft Dynamics CRM V3 is available in 22 languages, namely English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (Portugal), Czech, Hungarian, Russian, Finnish, Norwegian (Bokmål), Swedish, Polish, Greek, Turkish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Hebrew and Arabic*.
for more read..
Microsoft CRM Developer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Friday, June 02, 2006
As i have done skype integration with MS CRM.. Now I am doing some more challenging work regarding Asterisk Integration with Microsoft CRM 3.0..
For Asterisk read
Please comment on email@example.com
MS CRM Developer
was very busy while doing some stuff regarding customization and other projects about MS CRM & Sharepoint.
I have done 2 major work with Sharepoint + Microsoft CRM 3.0.
Create site, while you add new user,contact, customer and upload some company documents for that.. its good experience.
Using that, Any company wants to create specific site for their customer, users, contacts etc and can share some documents with them.. Its great stuff.. Portal integration with Microsoft CRM 3.0..
On the fly creation / deletion of sites from CRM workflow.
If anybody wants similar thing, i can help.. mail me... firstname.lastname@example.org
MS CRM Developer
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
its great article about mappings areas for the Invoice Product, Order, Oppertunity, Quote etc.
Must read it if you are facing any problem while doing this.
MS CRM Developer
Monday, May 08, 2006
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
i was busy with integration of Sharepoint Portal with Microsoft CRM 3.0.
Its done now. cheers................... Great for me....
I have created the dashboard and also some other webpage parts.
I was busy that's y no posting on blog..
keep me busy with your posting on email@example.com
MS CRM Developer
Friday, April 14, 2006
Titan.. is the future version of Microsoft Dynamic CRM 3.0.
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Next major release of Microsoft CRM, Titan, will be "this time next year".
The three main design themes of the Microsoft CRM Titan release will be:
- Multi-tenancy (handling multiple Microsoft CRM deployments on a single server)
- Multi-language (supporting multiple languages in a single deployment)
- Even tighter integration with Microsoft Office 2007
keep me posting firstname.lastname@example.org about titan and keep you online to read this..
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Here you can download the videos of Report Creation in Microsoft CRM 3.0. I have done all that.. Great resource..
3 new report video demos are in the downloads section of Sandbox.
Chapter 1 - Using report prefiltering and context sensitive reports
Chapter 2 - Report creation usng Visual Studio
Chapter 3 - Report publishing and enabling prefiltering in reports
see news on sandbox..
Thanks for reading the stuff.. email@example.com for any query..
While i was viewing on the posts, there are many posts on how to migrate data from other CRM systems like salesforce, peoplesoftCRM, SugarCRM etc to Microsoft CRM.
Here download the code about Migration from salesforce to microsoft crm 3.0
You can download from: http://gotdotnet.com/codegallery/releases/viewuploads.aspx?id=b6499eb0-0eae-4597-b38e-ee9cbc71a404
I am trying to use this for other CRM systems as well.
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Monday, April 03, 2006
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP is now available
see news contents on following link..
Microsoft cRM Expert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please download from here.
Sample to access Microsoft CRM Data using RSS
Announcing the release of sample code that allows you to use RSS, a protocol for delivery of information over the Internet, to easily access Microsoft CRM data! Microsoft CRM provides a secure, central data collection, storage, and modification tool for business data while RSS provides the transport mechanism.
chat with me on email@example.com if any query on MSN.
CRM mobile will be there . while reading the link .. for more read at following link..
Look for the Download link as soon as it is posted. ????
i will keep updates about you while geting information about this version.. really happy to see working with Mobile with CRM.... firstname.lastname@example.org will get your queries..
Friday, March 24, 2006
Microsoft CRM 3.0 Logical Database Diagrams.. are here..
Feel free to contact me if any query... email@example.com
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
You can use this download to view Microsoft CRM 3.0 online Help on a computer that does not have Microsoft CRM installed, or to replace the help files on your Microsoft CRM server and on any computers running the Microsoft CRM laptop client for Microsoft Office Outlook.
Let me know if any query.. firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, March 18, 2006
I have been receiving a lot of emails and questions how you could add extra attributes when you convert a lead to an account or just how to map attributes in general. Below i typed out some steps to realize mappings in Microsoft CRM 3.0Entity Mapping by performing the following steps:
- Select Settings, Customization, Customize Entities.
- Choose an Entity to edit.
- Click Relationships.
- Locate the relationship between Entity1 and Entity2 (e.g. Lead and Account).
- Edit that relationship.
- Click Mappings.
- Here you can choose for New, Remove or Generate Mappings.
- Choose New.
- From the Lead Attribute list on the left, select for example an Address Attribute you wish to map to Account .
- On the Account Attribute list on the right, select the appropriate Address Attribute that matches the Lead Attribute.
- Click OK .
- Repeat steps 8 - 11 for each part of the address or any other Attribute that you need to map.
- Save your changes.
- Publish All Customizations.
- Test it
Please feel free to contact me if any query........... email@example.com
You have installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 on your server and either used the default settings during setup or you have created a website manually with, for example, portnumber 5555.At one time you might want to change this and wondering how you should do this, well follow the steps below and your ready to go:----
1) Start the IIS Manager on your CRM Server.
2) Right Click on the CRM WebSite.
3) Select Properties
4) Under WEB Site TAB, click on Advance Button.
5) Select Default and click on Edit.
6) Change the TCP Port number to the desired port Number. Click OK, close IIS Manager.
7) Start a CMD prompt and type IISRESET command.
8) Open Regedit.
9) Goto HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM
10) Right click SERVERUrl on right side, select modify.
11) Change the old port number to new port number.
12) Close Regedit.You done on the server, now you should fix all the clients, remember they still point to the
URL with the wrong portnumber. On each client you should do this:
1) Open Regedit.
2) Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient
3) Right click SERVERUrl on right side, select modify.
4) Change the old port number to new port number.
5) Right click PlatformRoot on right side, select modify
6) Change the old port number to new port number.
7) Right click WebAppUrl on right side, select modify8) Change the old port number to new port number.
9) Close Regedit.
If you made an administrative install of the Microsoft CRM desktop and Laptop client you know you have to specifiy the URL in the default_client_config.xml being used during setup. Edit that XML file and adjust the portnumber as well.
You're all done now!
Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft nor I cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any query ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, March 17, 2006
Following are some greatfull links while studing any CRM or micorsoft CRM issues etc.. I will keeppost new things for you while i read - study that.. Happy Programming...
The Truth About On-Demand CRM, and not that doesn’t just mean salesforce.com… it covers some other applications.
Now this sounds like a lot of successful CRM deployment…. Salesforce.com recent user group meeting…
How about Mash-ups? I think we used to call them integrations, but that word isn’t cool anymore… Check the Program Manager of Microsoft CRM talking about security considerations…
Some great case studies where just posted to Microsoft.com check them out at: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/product/default.mspx
A Great little application I have been using for cropping screen shots and the like… Check it out… Very slick replacement for MS Paint. http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/ (Version 2.6 was just released too…)
An article written by our own local Jim Stout from Invoke Systems on CRM system adoption. http://www.crm2day.com/highlights/50220.php (ohh by the way, Aaron and team have moved their blogs to http://www.invokesystems.com/cs/blogs/mscrm/ well worth the read.)
Check out the CRM SnapIn for Word and Excel for Microsoft CRM or Axapta. This is a subset of the upcoming Visual Studio Tools for Office. J http://blogs.msdn.com/satyanadella/archive/2006/02/20/535713.aspx
Press Release on some large enterprise deals we have been working on for a while: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/mar06/03-14CRMDeploymentsPR.mspx
I am busy at the moment with development of an important Add-on.. Pray for me..
Let me know if any query.. email@example.com
Microsoft CRM Specialist
"We are not surprised to see Microsoft looking to target enterprise customers given the scalability of the platform as compared to earlier releases of the product," Benjamin Holtz, CEO of Green Beacon Solutions, told CRM Buyer. The customization capabilities in Version 3.0 allow partners and systems integrators to build vertical or industry specific functionality, he noted.
let me know if any query.. on firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, March 10, 2006
see article about Microsoft CRM 3.o and Share point List View.
The Microsoft CRM team has just released the List Web Part for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0.
An introduction article will be posted in the highlight section of the core using CRM site this afternoon at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BC9B3526-DECF-4057-A530-91840C0D5401&displaylang=en
Introduction about List WebPart
The List Web Part provides Windows SharePoint Services v2 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 users with the ability to embed Microsoft CRM data into SharePoint Web part pages and build dashboards that support at a glance status of CRM processes. The List Web Part is designed around the Microsoft CRM list experience supports binding system and user views so that the CRM list can be customized and filtered. The List Web Part also supports SharePoint part to part communications. For example two parts one looking at Accounts and the other at Opportunities, these parts could be connected so that only opportunities for the selected account would be shown.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
It is a great post on how to edit multiple records in Microsoft CRM at the same time.
Check it out at:
Feel free to contact me if you have any query.. email@example.com
Please review the link of the article Wrote by Microsoft Support person.. About How to send E-mail Campaign Automatically in CRM 3.0
When you distribute e-mail activities for a campaign by using Microsoft Dynamics CRM, the e-mail activities are not sent to the recipients automatically. You must open each e-mail activity and then send it manually. This article describes how to create a Workflow .NET assembly to send e-mail activities automatically.
Feel free to contact me, if you have any query.. firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft CRM Developer
You can install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Server into a clustered Microsoft Exchange or SQL Server environment. A cluster of servers running Microsoft Exchange or SQL can reduce system downtime because if the active server in the cluster fails there will be an automatic fail-over to another server.
Ohh yeah, this only works with the professional edition. (I don't think Small Business Server allows for clustering... :-
Click Here for the instructions for Exchange
Click Here for the instructions for SQL Server
Click Here for instructions on "clustering" Microsoft CRM
Feel free to contact me if you have any query
This isn't offical and I haven't gone to Product Management to see if it is true or not, but.... Here is a decent article on Microsoft CRM 3.0 Mobile...
Please feel free to contact me, if you have any query.. email@example.com
Microsoft CRM Developer
Article about MSF 4.0 and CRM.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any query .. firstname.lastname@example.org
Micorsoft CRM Developer
Monday, March 06, 2006
Many people wants to know what i have developed so far for the Micorsoft CRM.
Microsoft CRM Work
I have done following add-ons and some customization of the Microsoft CRM.
- Skype Integration with Microsoft CRM
- ACT Data Import / Export utility
- Outlook Add-ons for MS CRM
- Import / Export Connector -Contact List, Leads etc
- Add Direct Call Support
- Spell Checker Add-In
- Search InDoc
- Queue Manipulation (Case Management , Routing etc)
- Activity Restoring
- E-Commerce Integration
- Great Plains Integration with 1.2 only
- Share point portal Web part Creation of the Contacts.
- Customization of many applications and forms of MS CRM.
Besides above, i am doing much more with the Micorsoft CRM development.. You can get details about the above project at email email@example.com
I really happy to see your remarks on my blog..
Keep in touch
MS CRM Specialist.
See Training about Microsoft CRM 3.0 is available.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
There is new story about data migration pack of microsoft crm 3.0
download.. Me currently working with it.
Mail me for more details.. firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
1- Microsoft CRM 3 for Dummies
2- Working with Microsoft CRM 3
3- CRM at the Speed of Light
4- CRM Survival Guide
There are other URL's I have, i will update soon..
If you want chat with me mail or on msn email@example.com
See following integration news about Great plains with MS CRM 3.0
I have also fact sheet provide by microsoft on GP Integration with CRM 3.0.. I can give u on your request.. Mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, January 28, 2006
Interested in checking out Microsoft CRM 3.0 but you're not ready to buy yet?
Download a fully-functional 90-day trial version of Microsoft CRM and test drive it for yourself!
Microsoft CRM 3.0 is available as a 90-day trial version in each language in which Microsoft CRM is available.
To use the 90-day trial, you will need the convertible trial keys available below.
To get the trial software, download it from this page or re-use Microsoft CRM 3.0 media with a trial key:
Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional Edition Trial Key (100,000 CAL limit)WHY97-9KFTH-76M7Y-JTVC4-62B78
Microsoft CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition Trial Key (75 CAL limit)M2234-2PCBR-T9Y6R-KJG3V-Y7GRJ
Important: Users will not be warned of impending trial expiration, so be sure that you decide well before day 90 whether to convert to a commercial license. The 90-day trial limit cannot be extended.
It is very nice for you who could not purchase the Microsoft CRM 3.0 and should want to get into that...
For more mail me..or on chat with me on msn.. email@example.com
Microsoft CRM Specialist.
For Those who are new on CRM 3.0.. want to see demo provided by microsoft.. can see the demo and explore the Microsoft CRM 3.0.. For more see my other blog posting...
Two Demos Available.. Please download following .exe files from the Below Link.
1- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Professional Flash Demo_12_2005.exe
20 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 SBE Flash Demo_12_2005.exe
Sorry for no posting, as i was busy with some clients on Microsoft CRM 3.0, Installing, Training and Migrating from 1.2 to 3.0.
About Microsoft CRM 3.0 Reporting Schedule Wizard.
Microsoft has released the Report Scheduling Wizard, an add-on to Microsoft CRM 3.0 that makes it easy to schedule Reporting Services reports and to create snapshots of reports on a schedule. Users with the Report Manager privilege can use the Reports area of Microsoft CRM to define snapshots, share snapshots with other users, and define the schedule for each snapshot.
See following Link.. for more details.
Reporting Schedule Wizard
For more mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org
CRM Certified Professional..